It’s that time of year when the Turkey needs stuffing! This year I’ve gone for a Butterfly Turkey Crown, which I’ll spread the stuffing over before I fold back together and roast. I’ve plumped for this slightly smoky Pork and Pancetta stuffing which should keep the breast moist and flavourful.
If you don’t have a bird to stuff just roll it into balls and cook for 20 mins or so until they are cooked though and browned.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1/3 lb (150 g) mild pancetta, cut into fine dice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 8 oz (227 g) white button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) pork sausage meat
- 3 cups (750 ml) bread cubes, without the crust
- Zest of 1 unwaxed Lemon
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt and pepper
1.In a large saucepan, soften the onions and pancetta in the oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, then leave to cool.
2. Add the sausage meat, cooled onion mixture, breadcrumbs and lemon zest along with the herbs and seasoning to a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
Use to stuff the bird of your choice or roll into balls and cook separately and serve……..