I fancied cooking something vegetarian for a change, this tasty one pot dish is quick and easy to prepare and is substantial enough to fill a hole in anyones appetite. It’s only about 170 kCals per portion too.
Serves 4 – Gluten Free*
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Red Chilli
- 2.5 cms Root Ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 mixed peppers, diced
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 400g tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 400g tin of Chickpeas, drained
- 1 bag of Spinach, (200 – 250gms)
- Whizz the Garlic, Chilli and Ginger in a blender until it forms a paste, (you can substitute paste versions of these instead and use as directed on the tubes\jar)
- Heat the paste and olive oil in a large heavy bottomed pan, until it becomes fragrant and starts to sizzle (be careful not to burn the paste or it will become bitter)
- Add the onion and peppers and fry for a few minutes, util the onions start to become translucent)
- Add the spices and tomato puree and cook for a few moments
- Add the Chickpeas, and Chopped Tomatoes plus a splash of water and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes until it’s wilted, then stir through the curry.
Serve with some plain boiled rice and a Naan or Chapati and enjoy this healthy delight…..
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently