Carrying on with the health kick I made a soup that definitely hits the mark on all counts, a tasty filling and healthy soup that weighs in at a lowly 150kcal (approx) per portion! Try it and you won’t be disappointed.
It’s worth taking the time to skin the baby broad beans, as the soup looks and tastes nicer without the white sheaf that surrounds each green bean
Serves 4 – Gluten Free*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely diced
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Harissa
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g frozen baby broad beans, skinned
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onion, celery and the carrot. Cook on a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Add the cumin, garlic, harissa and tomato puree and cook for a further 1 – 2 minutes until the aromas are released.
- Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper.
- Simmer for 8 mins.
- Then throw in the broad beans and add the lemon juice,
- Cook for a further 2 mins.
- Season to taste, then top with a sprinkling of lemon zest.
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently