I’ve been making Espresso Martinis for a while now and wondered how I could make it a more intense flavour without watering down the amount of alcohol or making too bitter. I hit upon the idea of creating a espresso vodka infusion to use as the base.
- 1/2 cup of whole Espresso Coffee Beans (or Other Dark Roast Beans)
- 1 litre of Vodka
- Roughly crush the coffee beans using a pestle and mortar.
- Add to a sterilised 1.5 ltr KIlner jar, and pour over the Vodka.
- Seal and allow the beans to steep in a cool dark place for 7 days (or at least a minimum of 2 days if you can’t wait)
- Strain through muslin to remove the solids, and again through a coffee filter if you want a clear liquid.
- Decant to a bottle and enjoy responsibly….. I’ll be using it in a ‘Coffee Ciapiroskwa’ (recipe to follow)
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as manufacturers change the base ingredients of their products frequently.