Easter is approaching and one of my favourite meals for Easter Sunday is a nice roasted leg of Spring Lamb, studded with Garlic and Rosemary.
Serves 6-8 Gluten Free*
- 1 leg of lamb, weighing about 1.8 kg (4 lb)
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthways into about 24 slivers
- 2 large stems fresh rosemary, cut into about 24 small sprigs
- 1 large brown onion, peeled
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC /gas mark 5/375ºF.
- Begin by making about 24 small, deep cuts in the skin of the lamb using a small, sharp knife.
- Then push a sliver of garlic, followed by a small sprig of rosemary, into each cut.
- Season the meat generously with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Next, cut the onion in half and place it in the bottom of the roasting tin, then place the lamb in the tin sitting on top of the onion halves.
- Cover the tin loosely with foil, then cook in the oven on a high shelf for 1½ hours.
- After this, remove the foil and let it continue to roast for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, cover loosely with foil again and allow to rest for about 20 minutes.
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently.