This is a family favourite, even the kids like it (well they do today, I can’t guarantee what tomorrow will bring though). It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s healthy and tasty too.
The chicken breasts can be prepared in advance and popped in the fridge until you need them. To make it even easier use a cream cheese with garlic and herbs already added
Serves 2 – Gluten Free
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 heaped tsp Cream Cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 4 slices Prosciutto (or any other thinly sliced air dried ham)
- freshly ground black pepper and salt (herb flavoured if you have any) for seasoning
- Heat oven to 200C\190C Fan.
- Mix the cream cheese, herbs and garlic and util the cheese is smooth and the herbs and garlic are fully distributed.
- Make a pocket in each chicken breast by inserting a sharp knife into the think end of the beast, being careful not to break the surface or base.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the cheese mix into the pocket.
- Wrap the breast in 2 slices of prosciutto, ensuring that the opening to the pocket is covered.
- Season with a little salt (sparingly as the Prosciutto can be salty) and freshly ground pepper
- Cook in the oven for 20 -25 mins or until the chicken is fully cooked and the prosciutto is crispy and golden.
Serve with Lyonnaise Potatoes and some steamed fine beans.
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients listed are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently