So much more delicious than plain boiled or sauteed potatoes, Lyonnaise Potatoes add a touch of class to so many main dishes especially a good steak.
If you include some chopped ham and some red pepper when you fry off the potatoes and top off with some grated Gruyère cheese then place under the grill for four minutes it makes a meal in itself.
Serves 2-4 – Gluten Free*
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2tbs Olive Oil
- 1tsp butter
- Pop the potatoes into a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 20 mins or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and add oil and onions and fry until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, garlic and butter and fry until onions have browned and the potatoes crispy at the edges
- Season with freshly ground pepper and salt (if required).
Serve, with sausages, steak or just about anything