This simple starter is based on one of my favourite Tapas, it only takes a few minutes to prepare less to cook but you’ll remember this delicious dish for ages.
Serves 4- Gluten Free*
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cooking chorizo , sliced into rounds the thickness of a pound coin (ensure your Chorizo is Gluten Free for a Gluten Freen Recipe)
- 12 scallops, cleaned
- a large bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- a handful of roasted red peppers from a jar, sliced roughly
- Whisk 3 tbsp olive oil with the sherry vinegar and shallot and season well.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan, then fry the chorizo until cooked through and coloured.
- In a separate pan, heat a little olive oil then sear the scallops for a minute on each side until golden and crusted, seasoning as you turn.
- Add the oil from the chorizo to the dressing, then toss the parsley and pepper strips in before arranging on warmed plates with the chorizo and scallops.
Serve, with slices of fresh crusty bread (like Soda Bread)
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently