This is one of my ‘One pot wonders’ a tasty chicken and chorizo roasted in the same tin. It infuses the great paprika and herb flavours into the chicken and veg, and saves on washing up.
500g new potatoes, such as Charlotte
1-2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 skinless and boneless chicken thighs (approximately 500g)
1 tsp smoked paprika
pinch ground cinnamon (optional)
pinch dried chillie flakes (optional)
handful fresh thyme sprigs or 1 tsp dried thyme
115g/4oz piece dried chorizo sausage
4 ripe tomatoes (or about 150g cherry tomatoes)
1 red or orange pepper, deseeded and sliced
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper for seasoning
Serves 4 – Gluten Free*
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Halve or quarter the potatoes, depending on their size (to produce evenly sized chunks).
- Place in a large non-stick roasting tin and toss with two tablespoons of the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper, then put into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the chicken thighs in half, add the smoked paprika along with the dried chillies and cinnamon, if using. Scatter with half the thyme leaves, season with salt and pepper, stir through and set aside.
- Make a nick in the skin of the chorizo then, peel away the papery skin and cut into chunks or rounds.
- When the potatoes have had 15 minutes roasting, give them a stir, then nestle the chicken and tomatoes into the pan.
- Scatter with the chorizo, garlic and the remaining thyme leaves, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the remaining oil all over, and return to the oven to roast for 20 minutes more, stirring half-way.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes and tomatoes are turning golden brown and crisp at the edges
Serve and enjoy….
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently