This rich sauce, made with cream and Scotch Whisky is the prefect companion to Haggis and Clapshot on Burns Night. The subtle smoky notes from the Whisky are perfect with the richness of Haggis.
Serves 4 – 6 Gluten Free*
- 500ml/17fl oz double cream
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp whisky
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- ½ lemon, juice only
- Heat the double cream in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the wholegrain mustard, Dijon mustard and whisky and stir to combine.
- Increase the heat until the mixture is simmering and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Stir in the tablespoon of chives, then whisk in the lemon juice.
Serve drizzled over slices of Haggis, with a mound of Orkney Clapshot for that perfect Burns Night meal on the 25th January
*Gluten Free – Although I make every effort to ensure that the ingredients list are gluten free, you should double check at the time of using as products change their base ingredients frequently