Another Waitrose recipe index card, this time from November 2006. It’s for an individual and lighter version of the classic tiramisu and makes a cracking sophisticated dessert for a dinner party. You can impress with out any real effort!
- 250g tub Light Mascarpone
- ½ x 500g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp golden icing sugar, sifted
- 4 tbsp coffee liqueur, like Tia Maria
- 100ml strong espresso or filter coffee, cooled
- 200g Chocolate Chip Biscotti
- 25g Lindt Excellence Coffee Intense Dark Chocolate, coarsely grated
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, beat the mascarpone, yogurt and icing sugar together with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined.
- Add the Tia Maria to the cooled coffee.
- Dip 12-16 of the biscotti into the coffee mixture one at a time, then immediately divide between 4 x 250-300ml teacups, placing the biscotti in the base of each.
- Spoon half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits in each teacup. Dip the remaining biscuits, one at a time, in the liquid and place in equal amounts in each teacup.
- Sprinkle over a thin layer of grated chocolate.
- Divide the remaining mascarpone mixture between the teacups and top with a liberal dusting of sifted cocoa powder.
- Chill for at least 2 hours to allow the flavours to develop.
The flavours will intensify even more if left overnight. For a richer version, use full fat mascapone rather than the lighter one.
You can also make one larger tiramisu, just use a bowl if you don’t have any teacups.