Even though I love a serving of good buttery mashed potato, I’m always on the lookout for different ways to add some variety to my meals. This recipe adds an extra depth to the mash with the subtle roasted garlic giving a touch of luxury.
Serves 4-6 Gluten Free
- 2 whole Garlic bulbs
- 4 tbls Olive Oil
- 2kg Potatoes, peeled and halved is large (Desiree, King Edwards or Maris Piper are good mashing varieties).
- 100ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 190C(170C fan)
- Cut horizontally through the top of the garlic bulbs, exposing the bare cloves inside.
- Place the bulbs on a piece of foil and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wrap the foil into a loose parcel around the garlic and bake for 40 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are soft to a knife point.
- Drain and return to the pan for a minute or two over a low heat to dry them off.
- Squeeze in three quarters of the roasted garlic, add the cream and olive oil and mash until smooth.
- Stir through the remaining garlic.
Serve and enjoy…
This recipe works wonderfully as an accompaniment for your favourite sausages or the ‘Two Fat Ladies’ Roast Goose for Christmas.