This infusion captures the taste of winter, fruity and slightly spiced and banishesd those chill damp winds. Popped into some smallish and fancy bottles it makes a great gift, that’s if you can bear to let it go and not sip it yourself..
- 3 small Navel Oranges
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Star Anise
- 1/2 stick of Cinnamon
- 1 Vanilla Pod, split lengthways
- 24 Black Peppercorns
- 70 cl Brandy
- Wash the Oranges and lemon, scrubbing to get rid of any wax dressing.
- Split the fruit into 4 pieces and drop into a Kilner Jar (or similar).
- Add the spices, vanilla and peppercorns
- Pour over the brandy, seal and shake.
- Shake daily for at least 6 weeks, can be left for 2 months but no longer..
- Strain the brandy through muslin into a sterilised bottle.
If you’re giving this as a Thanksgiving or Christmas gift pour into smaller individual bottles. Or just drink (responsibly, of course)…..