This plum vodka recipe uses any plums that you have left over, at the end of the summer. Once you’ve strained them off, use the plums to make a wickedly boozy crumble or stew down to make a lovely plum sauce.
- 1 bottle of vodka
- 450 g plums, halved and stoned
- 225 g sugar
- 1/2 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Split the Vanilla pod 3/4 of it’s length, keeping the seeds in the bean
- Place the vodka, plums, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat the mixture gently until the sugar has dissolved (don’t allow to boil or the alcohol will dissipate). Allow to cool.
- Transfer the vodka plum mixture into a large sterilised kilner jar and store in a dark, cool place for 3 months, shaking once a week.
- Strain the plum vodka through muslin and bottle into a clean bottle.